POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : a thought : Re: a thought Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:32:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: a thought
From: Philippe Lhoste
Date: 5 Sep 2002 09:37:27
Message: <Xns92809EC0A5698PhiLho@204.213.191.226>
"bozo" <nos### [at] goawaycom> wrote in news:3d760f2d@news.povray.org:

> I've just realised, re my post, that if I could insert a piece of code
> to disable right click in the exe file, I would have my problems
> solved also. That way, when people open the exe file and are in it, if
> they try to get a right click context menu they will right click and
> nothing happens. So does anyoneknow where I could find a piece of code
> which I can append or insert into my exe to do this?  I am able to
> view the compiled exe in a Hex Viewer, so perhaps I could paste it in
> , in the Hex Viewer? Once again, vag### [at] freedomusacom   - thanks
> people!

Mmm, I fail to see the relation between your original message and the
right click stuff.
I doubt you can hack an exe to disable right click. Unless you are a very
skilled cracker.

> my original post I've pasted below, so you know of my problem:
>
> I want to change a string displayed in an "About" box (not the owner
> bit, other bits).  I dont have the program source code, only a
> compiled exe, and I've done a simple text search in regedit (just the
> one under "edit, find" in XP) which shows the info isn't there (after
> all, it's not info that's meant to be changed or is specific to the
> user).

I wonder about the motivation of this, but I suppose/hope it is clean :-)
You may be interested by Resource Hacker
<http://www.users.on.net/johnson/resourcehacker/>, which allows to change
some parts of the GUI.

--
Philippe Lhoste (Paris -- France)