POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Loneliness WIP (110kbu) : Re: Loneliness WIP (110kbu) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 02:30:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Loneliness WIP (110kbu)
From: ingo
Date: 17 Aug 2002 12:31:17
Message: <Xns926DBD18C298Dseed7@povray.org>
in news:3d5e7494@news.povray.org Gail Shaw wrote:

> I've done a few variations and put them on my website

Good rain, the whole image looks wet. Looking at the angle a which the
rain is falling, some motion-blur on the tree leaves would be a bonus.

Of all the versions I'd prefer the one with the text diffrent textures,
it's a bit darker and thus shows the contrast with the rose better.
Something I would certainly look into, is the brightness of the wall (and
the fog?). Its brightness makes it appear closer than it is. Toning down
the wall or actually the whole backgound would add more depth.

Last, the rose's position. I think when you arrange it differently,
starting bottom left and the flower top right on the stone, the image
becomes "easier / more comfortable" to look at.

Ingo