POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : rgb 1 : Re: rgb 1 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 22:13:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rgb 1
From: ingo
Date: 12 Jul 2002 13:25:50
Message: <Xns9249C646A1EF3seed7@povray.org>
in news:Xns### [at] 204213191226 Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
wrote:

>>> shound't this have rgb <255,255,255> in rendered image ?
>> depends on the angle the light_source makes with the box.
>
> with brilliance 0 alsow ?

Sorry, my reply was inaccurate.

With ambient 1 the object should always be bright white, even if there
is no light_source and independent of the brilliance (and
assumed_gamma). And it is. Dit you check the pixel value with a color
picker or with a hex-viewer. I did the latter and the result is FF.

Regarding 'brilliance 0', noting is mentioned in the docs. Maybe someone
could have a peek at the source and tell us what it does.

Ingo