POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : objects order : Re: objects order Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:26:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: objects order
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 24 Jun 2002 16:38:19
Message: <Xns9237E5C8594A3raf256com@204.213.191.226>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in news:3d1781b9@news.povray.org:

>   I don't understand what's the point in doing this when you can just
> move one of the coincident surfaces a tiny bit in the desired direction.

becuase :
1. this is imho quite primitve work around, using something like y*1.0001
2. in complex scenes, like group of i.e. 10000 spheres - this is hard to
tell with spheres wil produce such problems, and it's hard to adjust "a
little bit" such elements, if we have 1000 spheres like
<0.12312,0.3424,0.1234> - how much should we adjust them to be shure not to
have this problem ?