POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Radiosity feature request : Re: Radiosity feature request Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:12:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity feature request
From: Rich
Date: 3 May 2002 20:54:04
Message: <Xns9203C048F7616spammindspringcom@204.213.191.226>
"Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde> wrote in

> ???  Adding a keyword to the parser is really trivial.  Just take a
> look at the many patches available - they had no problems doing it.

I've tried the trick mentioned earlier, rendering without the isos, saving
the radiosity map, then re-rendering with the isos.  The two-step process
takes longer than to just render the whole scene with radiosity, especially
since the parts of the scene that DO need to react with radiosity change
often while I'm experimenting.  <smile>  The scene looks different enough
without radiosity that I need to render with every few changes.  <sigh>

> Anyway, the whole thread is off-topic in this group...

Sorry!  I don't see a feature-request group, and this is the only
discussion group fro 3.5, so I went with it.  Where should I be posting
these kinds of messages?

--
Rich Allen
(Remove SPAM from my address to reply by e-mail)