POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray for Windows, version 3.5 RC2 expired early, and there is no replacement at the moment : Re: POV-Ray for Windows, version 3.5 RC2 expired early, and there is no replacement at the moment Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:24:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray for Windows, version 3.5 RC2 expired early, and there is no replacement at the moment
From: ingo
Date: 29 Apr 2002 17:57:42
Message: <Xns9200116D60Bseed7@povray.org>
in news:Xns### [at] 204213191226 Coridon Henshaw wrote:

>> I suppose it should be reiterated that this is beta testing.
>
> Needlessly make the beta too unreliable or too annoying to use and
> people will get fed up and quit testing it.
>
> Would that be a good thing?

YES, it would stop all these pathetic whiners stop whining, I hope....
Sorry but all this nonsense postings about a beta being somewhat late
realy pisses me off.
I've ran at least 15 (pre)-beta's and _none_ of them was "too" late. IMO
this is a great achievement of The Team. I know, as a doc maintainer
I've been too late with my submissions on several occasions, or
completely missed deadlines, but the (pre)beta was there with all kinds
of bugs fixed!
One would realy expect that raytracing would have learned people some
patience, but it seems to be the opposite.

Ingo