POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray for Windows, version 3.5 RC2 expired early, and there is no replacement at the moment : Re: POV-Ray for Windows, version 3.5 RC2 expired early, and there is no replacement at the moment Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:15:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray for Windows, version 3.5 RC2 expired early, and there is no replacement at the moment
From: Coridon Henshaw
Date: 29 Apr 2002 14:51:16
Message: <Xns91FF97185E0DBcsbhccse@204.213.191.226>
"Chris Cason" <new### [at] deletethispovrayorg> wrote in news:3cccc4b2
@news.povray.org:

> Sorry, we have a hitch and won't be releasing RC3 for at least another 8
> hours. Please just set your clock back, re-start POV, then set it forward
> again.

Have you people given any thought to setting the drop-dead date to a few
days *after* the planned next release date rather than right on the day?
It'd give you a bigger window to fix last-minute gotchas without 1) pissing
off the user base, and 2) getting p.b-t flooded with messages every time a
beta dies early.