POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wings3D dog final : Re: Wings3D dog final Server Time
15 Aug 2024 20:26:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wings3D dog final
From: Coridon Henshaw
Date: 28 Apr 2002 22:59:55
Message: <Xns91FEE9F4B4F02csbhccse@204.213.191.226>
"Hugo" <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote in news:3ccc6fcf@news.povray.org:

>> Very nice. I the dog made up of control point type surfaces? Would it
>> be possible to animate the dog by only moving a few points?

> I can think of other ways too, but none of them seems easy at all....
> Though, I admit that I don't know how the big commercial modellers do
> it.

Once Wings3D supports bones, using the bones as control points for magnet
deformation is one approach to consider.  However, this would be bit much
to pull off in the SDL and is probably best implemented as a Pov patch.

IMO, improved mesh support (such as direct loading of a few standard
formats, or at least a Pov-specific fast parsing binary mesh format) and
mesh animation tools are something which should be seriously considered for
Pov 4.  With the number of people these days who are using modelers other
than Moray, the demand for decent mesh tools is both out there and growing.