POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fourth Age : Re: Fourth Age Server Time
16 Aug 2024 00:25:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fourth Age
From: Coridon Henshaw
Date: 10 Apr 2002 14:58:36
Message: <Xns91EC9859ECC03CQ@204.213.191.226>
"Shay" <sah### [at] simcopartscom> wrote in news:3cb453ca$1@news.povray.org:

> This is the best one yet. The ship design is interesting and I like the
> small details like the metal frames around the lights. One thing is a
> little bothersome to me, however. The atmosphere around the flare curls
> up behind the ship and appears a little like a clumsy exhaust trail.

The blue-grey streak you're referring to is supposed to be the plane of the
galaxy.  I realize it needs to be flatter, but fixing that problem will
mean reimplementing a good chunk of Galaxy in my own code.

> Is Sympatico a modeling tool?

Nah.  It's Canada's largest ISP, and pretty much the *only* choice for
decent broadband in my area. :-(

> Anyway, the design of the ship looks like the hard part to me.  The
> actual modeling of the ship in Pov-Ray would be trivial.

The ship mesh weighs in at nearly 8,000 faces; I wouldn't even try to model
something that complex in Pov script.  It designed and modeled over the
course of a week using Wings3D, with the gun points (glowing bits) added in
Pov using the standard primatives.