POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PIP tesselation [about 50Kbu] : Re: PIP tesselation [about 50Kbu] Server Time
16 Aug 2024 10:28:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PIP tesselation [about 50Kbu]
From: ingo
Date: 21 Feb 2002 07:28:54
Message: <Xns91BC8974919A0seed7@povray.org>
in news:3C745C3B.13F5BDF5@engineer.com Kari Kivisalo wrote:

> I'll be happy to set up a distribution point for the illegal part of
> this patch here in Finland where silly software patents are worth
> nothing.

You could also ask the owner of the patent if it's ok to use it in POV-Ray
and patches. Obtaining a license doesn't always mean paying for it. As far
as I know it's already in use with "no cost, available source" software:
VTK
http://www.kitware.com/
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/vtkfaq?req=show&file=faq07.001.htp
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/vtkfaq?req=show&file=faq07.005.htp