POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : DreamTank.jpg (25k BU) - 1 attachment : Re: DreamTank.jpg (25k BU) - 1 attachment Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DreamTank.jpg (25k BU) - 1 attachment
From: Rich
Date: 23 Jan 2002 19:21:09
Message: <Xns919FB0861CED8spammindspringcom@204.213.191.226>
Thanks for all of the comments, I'm glad people like how this is turning
out!  To answer some of the question:

The sand was done as a difference between the tank shape and a heightfield,
with a granite texture really squashed in the Y direction.  The water was
also done with a heightfield.

I did have caustics on an earlier version; do caustics work as well when
radiosity is used or does that matter at all?  I'll put the caustics back
in and render again tonight.

Any hints/help with fish models (SPatch preferred) would be appreciated!
Also, any ideas for making more rock without resorting to modelling more
blobs, and ideas for corals and other inverts would be great too!

I'll post a scene in the text.scenefiles area with just the tank so the
curious can see what I'm doing and offer improvements!  <smile>

--
Rich Allen
(Remove SPAM from my address to reply by e-mail)