POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Orthographic support broken : Re: Orthographic support broken Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:18:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Orthographic support broken
From: Gergely Vandor
Date: 19 Jan 2002 17:52:36
Message: <Xns919BF2FE8BE65gerovandordatanethu@204.213.191.226>
"Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde> wrote in

> job000208:
>
> with orthographic camera objects disappear when "angle" keyword is
> used

This is not a good description of the bug reported (by me). The camera worked exactly
as expected in
this scene, but due to some problem related to vista buffer, objects started to
disappear in certain
cases. (This was confirmed by "advanced users", the bug disappears when the vista
buffer is turned
off.) It seems that you never checked the actual scene, and didn't even read the bug
report carefully.

My bug report does not justify the changes you've in my opinion.

> Reported: http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/19674/
>
> Solution: It turns out this never was a bug. 'angle' works exactly as
> advertised in the manual.  The problem is the user specified the
> camera type after the angle, which assumed it was applied to a

Again, this is simply wrong.

Gergely