POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : splines - documentation and reality : Re: splines - documentation and reality Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: splines - documentation and reality
From: ingo
Date: 10 Jan 2002 07:55:51
Message: <Xns91928DF07F1C6seed7@povray.org>

wrote:

> documentation says about spline specification
>
> #declare IDENTIFIER =spline { [SPLINE_IDENTIFIER]  [SPLINE_TYPE] ...
>
> So identifier and type are both optional but can be together.

The way I interpreted the changing of the spline type is that is is only
possible when you retreive one value from the spline.

#declare P1=<0,0,0>+Spline(1,linear_spline);

Not for copying a spline. I agree that in that case the syntax section
is not clear, is adding a pipe enough:

#declare IDENTIFIER =
  spline {
    [SPLINE_IDENTIFIER] |
    [SPLINE_TYPE]

Then again, the current spline implementation is marked experimental and
has several bugs, so I'm not sure how it should/will work and what to
change in the docs. I'll put your remark in the todo list and wait for a
more final spline before changing the docs.

Ingo