POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sunroom WIP : Re: Sunroom WIP v2 Server Time
17 Aug 2024 00:17:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sunroom WIP v2
From: Coridon Henshaw
Date: 16 Dec 2001 16:50:31
Message: <Xns9179AB53181F5CoridonHenshaw@204.213.191.226>
"Slime" <noo### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in news:3c13239c$1@news.povray.org:

>>         scattering {4, (Yellow+White)/200 extinction 1}

> That seems to be hardly visible. Increase the amount of color (lower
> the number 200) a bit, and if it looks bad, fiddle with the sampling
> parameters.

Keep in mind that the overall media intensity is dependant on the size of
its container object and I'm not applying the media to a unit box.

If I double the intensity of the media then I can get the sunbeam effect
that this scene seems to need, but only at the expense of the sky turning
indigo.  I can compensate for the darkened sky by doubling the intensity of
the sun, but then I have massive problems with artifacts.

> Personally, I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly how the
> sampling parameters work with method 3...

The basic method seems to be to leave samples and intervals alone and do
all artifact removal with aa_levels and aa_threshold.

> Maybe try method 1, if you fiddle with that you can usually get it to
> look pretty decent, in my experience.

I've found method 2 easiest to work with as it produces non-grainy images
much, much faster than is possible with method 1.