POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Splash Screen : Re: Splash Screen Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Splash Screen
From: Coridon Henshaw
Date: 24 Nov 2001 13:31:34
Message: <Xns91638998AE1C7CQ@204.213.191.226>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in news:3bff7942@news.povray.org:

> Coridon Henshaw <che### [at] sympaticoca> wrote:
>: Your best bet here is probably to wait until the 3.5 sources release
>: and then compile a Win32 command-line version using a cut-down DOS
>: front end.  The DOS front end doesn't throw up a splash screen so you
>: can run background renders--completely within the terms of
>: povlegal--without getting splashed.

>   Just be sure to not to distribute this version.

The result of following my instructions is to port Pov to the Win32 console
platform.  Win32 console apps cannot generate splash screens.  The only
requirements in Povlegal for presenting the credits in text-based ports is
that the credits screen is left intact.  Unless you are arguing that it is
illegal to port Povray to any command-line platform, I see no reason that a
Win32 console port would be illegal.