POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : M over P - 1 attachment : Re: M over P - revision 3 Server Time
17 Aug 2024 12:17:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: M over P - revision 3
From: Coridon Henshaw
Date: 5 Nov 2001 03:00:26
Message: <Xns91501E93FC197CoridonHenshaw@204.213.191.226>
Yadgar <j.b### [at] ndhnet> wrote in news:3BE58E2F.391F91F3@ndh.net:

> Cool, now the moon looks really like a moon (texture of Earth's
> moon?)...

It's an image map of Phobos, which is one of Mars' two moons.

> and I like the subtle rectangular structures (normals?) on
> the ship's hull.

Yes; the rectangular bits are from using cells as a normal pattern.  The
rest of the hull texture is simply made with layers of bozo-marble bozo
patterns with varying color maps.

> Is the lensflare positioned at the actual position of
> the light source?

No.  The light source is far offscreen on the right hand side.  The lens
flare is purely decorative.  Indeed, a light at the lens flare wouldn't
have any effect whatsoever on the visible portions of the scene.