POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sphere Questions : Re: Sphere Questions Server Time
17 Aug 2024 06:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sphere Questions
From: ingo
Date: 28 Oct 2001 11:46:41
Message: <Xns9148B4D993548seed7@povray.org>
in news:3bdc30df@news.povray.org Hershel Robinson wrote:

> I have a few questions about the spheres:
> 1 The right one (even in my PPM file) appears to be out of focus.

It is not, That you see it like that may be the result of the texture
that has less sharp color changes than the neighbour spheres.

> 2 The middle one seems slightly larger than its neighbors, but I am
> guessing that's just because it is of a lighter color than they
> are.

Yes, probably due to its brightness.

>3 The right-most one, however, appears to be significantly
> larger than it should be....

Yes, because of its 'deformation'.
Look at http://www.students.tut.fi/~warp/povVFAQ/misconceptions.html
The item - Perspective doesn't affect a sphere

Ingo