POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [DOC] 6.2.2 The #declare and #local directives : Re: [DOC] 6.2.2 The #declare and #local directives Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:27:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [DOC] 6.2.2 The #declare and #local directives
From: ingo
Date: 27 Oct 2001 07:10:03
Message: <Xns914785F2524ACseed7@povray.org>
in news:3bda2a73@news.povray.org Mark Wagner wrote:

> In section 6.2.2.1, it says:
> "Declarations, like most language directives, can appear anywhere
> in the file - even within other statements. "
>
> However, there is an exception to this:

 If I understood ABX' posts, he also has problems with this line. A
simple solution would be:

"Declarations, like most language directives, can appear almost
anywhere in the file - even within other statements. "

 This is not a solution out of laziness, but I hasitate to include one
or two examples of exceptions. If sombody can put together a list of
*all* exceptions, or can come up with some general text that clearly
defines in what sort of situations exceptions may happen, I'll include
it.

other points will be fixed.

Ingo