POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tri-fighters on patrol (50kbu) : Re: Tri-fighters on patrol (50kbu) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 10:20:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tri-fighters on patrol (50kbu)
From: Arthur Flint
Date: 15 Oct 2001 19:12:28
Message: <Xns913BC354C3B19mrartchesapeakenet@204.213.191.226>
I think you missed the point. The real world of space is not
filled with good images: too many harsh shadows,too much contrast.
To make a picture that we might think of as pleasing, we have to
use unreal situations. So the use of ambient >0 is not a reflection
of true conditions in space, but helps to set the mood for the image.
Call it artistic licence, call it setting the tone, cal it romanticizing
space, it is as the artist wanted.