POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : bug: render window doesn't preserve image aspect ratio : Re: bug: render window doesn't preserve image aspect ratio Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:17:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bug: render window doesn't preserve image aspect ratio
From: QQ
Date: 8 Sep 2001 14:17:34
Message: <Xns91169164C53B6CQ@204.213.191.226>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in news:3b99d2dc@news.povray.org:

> I don't understand why do you want to maximize the window. It's not
> like you are going to get more detail by that.

Given that a 240x320 preview render is about 2.5" wide (about the size of
some postage stamps) on my monitor, maximizing the render window is
essential in order to see any detail whatsoever.  I can provide a 1600x1200
screenshot if you need a graphical demonstration of just how small 240x320
is when compared to everything else on my desktop.

> And besides, what if someone really wants to enlarge the image to
> screen-size regardless of aspect ratio distortions?

While I've already seen one poster saying that he doesn't mind a distorted
enlargement, I don't think you'll find too many people who _want_ a
distorted enlargement.  In any case, it wouldn't be particularly difficult
to allow the user to select the desired behavior (buggy vs correct) through
a configuration option in either an INI or the registry.