POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Any other rendering competitions? : Any other rendering competitions? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 08:26:43 EDT (-0400)
  Any other rendering competitions?
From: Simon de Vet
Date: 2 Sep 2001 18:38:15
Message: <Xns9110C7F97D8C7sdevetistarca@204.213.191.226>
I just realized that while I've been doing a fair bit of rendering, I
haven't entered an IRTC round in over a year. I just got a nice new
computer, so I have the power to do a lot more, a lot faster than I could
before. I'm really in the mood to do some serious rendering.

However, the current topic does not catch me at all. I can't think of
anything I'd like to render.

Does anyone know of other online rendering competitions? I'm not picky -
even general computer graphics competitions may be fun, and let me try my
hand at some post processing. It might also be interesting to try something
with a more artistic emphasis, rather than the more techie nature of the
IRTC (though this is changing).

I don't want to abandon the IRTC, but I do want more choices. Any ideas?

-- Simon

PS: Sorry for the crossposting, but while this probably belongs in
irtc.general, no one ever reads that group.