POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : elastic cube 2 (1.1 MB) : elastic cube 2 (1.1 MB) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 19:15:59 EDT (-0400)
  elastic cube 2 (1.1 MB)
From: Gergely Vandor
Date: 18 May 2002 21:56:01
Message: <Xns90A628087F7C2gergelyvamoraviaitco@204.213.191.226>
Sorry about the size, I'm too lazy to create a smaller one.

No new features, just stiffer springs and some initial velocity to make
Tim happy. Also, the extension is mpg now to make the browsers happy.

http://www.progressive.hu/gero/egybeek.mpg

Cristoph: here's a pic to show the spring arrangement. All of the
cylinders are springs starting from the yellow (corner) node. Maybe it's
understandable now, if it isn't, I give up. :) So the green springs are
twice the length as others, connecting every second node. I dunno if
that's any good, I just read about it somewhere, and I liked the idea.

Do you think I should also connect the yellow with the cyan colored one?

http://www.progressive.hu/gero/springs.jpg

BTW, I think I've come up with a solution for damping. Take two
consecutive timesteps, and measure how much the distance of two connected
nodes changes. This way you get the relative speed of these two nodes,
which you can use to calculate the damping of the spring connecting them.
This should work I guess.

--
Cheers,
Gergely