POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity data [4x ~11kB] : Re: Radiosity data [4x ~11kB] Server Time
18 Aug 2024 16:21:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity data [4x ~11kB]
From: ingo
Date: 2 May 2001 11:39:59
Message: <Xns9095B416FC03Bseed7@povray.org>
in <3af01891@news.povray.org> Geoff Wedig wrote:

>>  Or is this just the reading of the data file?
>
> I would assume (perhaps incorrectly) that the pretrace would read
> in the file, just as it does when you do it manually.  Or is there
> something funky you do in the manual reads?

 Changed count from 80 to 1000 to see if there is a time difference.
First pass the pretrace is finished after 18 min. Total render time, 45
min.
 Second pass, reading the data/ pretrace, 4 min. Total render time 6
min. Quite a big difference, I didn't notice in the earlier experiments
as the total rendertime's where mutch shorter.

Ingo