POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : megapov 0.7 with Cygwin : Re: megapov 0.7 with Cygwin Server Time
1 Sep 2024 16:19:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: megapov 0.7 with Cygwin
From: Jordan Ellis
Date: 13 Feb 2001 18:31:57
Message: <Xns90479DA17813Bhookflashhotmailcom@204.213.191.228>
>Yes, you need the DLL for running it.  I don't even know how to do it
>without, but there would also be legal problems i think.
>
>Christoph

If the PovRay source (generic Unix version) is not *nix/posix-dependant,
you should be able to compile it with the -mno-cygwin flag (or something to
that effect...) to remove any Cygwin dll dependancies.  Of coarse, I'm
assuming it makes some posix calls or something, otherwise you probably
wouldn't be using Cygwin;-)  L8er

Jordan