POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The cradle : Re: The cradle Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:28:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The cradle
From: ingo
Date: 26 Jan 2001 14:07:48
Message: <Xns9035CCE30C0Dseed7@povray.org>
in <3a71ab29@news.povray.org> Mick Hazelgrove wrote:

>This was originally intended as an entry but it's far too obscure, off
>topic ....

I have to "thoroughly"(?) disagree with that!

>.....and I haven't managed to get the gulls posed expressively enough.

Yes, and the wing of the one in flight look strangely flexible. But you
still have 33 days to go :)

>...One of the problems with radiosity in an
>outdoor scene is that the skysphere colour dominates the colour of the
>scene,.....

It would be nice if object could be excluded from radiosity, or maybe
better if it could have an other colour for the radiosity calculation than
its real colour.
For the skysphere, maybe start with a white sphere, stop the rendering
after the pre-trace, save the data, start the render again with a blue
sphere. Again stop/pause it after the pre-trace, delete the radiosity data
and put in the saved data. Havn't tried it, so no idea wether it works or
gives the desired result.

Ingo