POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Current attic : Re: Current attic Server Time
19 Aug 2024 10:19:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Current attic
From: ingo
Date: 7 Dec 2000 16:28:19
Message: <Xns9003E2FD7seed7@povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>ingo <ing### [at] homenl> wrote:
>: I like the burning mark above the candle.
>
>  Can you guess how did I make it?-)

My first impression, when looking at the picture, was that it is a shadow.
That leads me to an invisible object or negative light.
My solution would probably be a scaled and turbulated spherical pigment.

>: The glass is way to clean, maybe
>: some condense or rain on it?
>
>  Any suggestions on how to do it?

Rain, little streams of water -> blobs, maybe with a little bit higher
reflection than the glass.
Condense, a very thin box, in front of the glass, containig scattering
media.

Ingo