POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Man with the Golden Gun... : Re: The Man with the Golden Gun... Server Time
3 Oct 2024 17:15:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Man with the Golden Gun...
From: Peter Popov
Date: 4 Jan 2000 01:26:05
Message: <WpBxOGmgsYeZm2H1ILlbqE82k5WJ@4ax.com>
On Mon, 3 Jan 2000 19:33:55 -0000, "Equiprawn" <equ### [at] tinetie>
wrote:

>I know, I haven't finished it yet (the file is called Golden Gun v0.5.jpg)
>
>There is also no trigger, so it could never be fired, and the back of the
>gun is blacked out as there is no back to it, just  the rest of the large
>cuboid I was carving it from.
>
>Thanks for the tip though. Does anybody have any pictures of the chamber of
>a Magnum or other revolver? I have no idea what the mechanism that lets the
>chamber swing out looks like, as I have been modeling from a 2" by 1" toy,
>so as you can undersatnd, I lack a bit of detail :)
>
>Any pointers to pictures on the web would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Equiprawn

A Magnum is a bullet, isn't it? I think Parabellum/Magnum is the most
often used combination in action movies (unless they're bursting out
with Uzi's).

There's a Colt .45 mesh on the Official POV-Ray CDROM, maybe a quick
surf on the ftp mirror on cdrom.com will yield a good result.

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700