POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Media air - HOW? : Re: Media air - HOW? Server Time
2 Oct 2024 18:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media air - HOW?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 3 Apr 2000 17:11:43
Message: <WAfpOI0UfFOUxTH=g2Zfs+K5CYlI@4ax.com>
On Mon, 03 Apr 2000 22:09:00 +0200, Lewis <nle### [at] netvisionnetil>
wrote:

>Hi,
>The scene file in included, but here is the code of the media I used:
>
>media
>{
>  intervals 10
>  samples 5, 5
>  confidence 0.9
>  variance 1/128
>  ratio 1
>  scattering {1, rgb <0.1,0.1,0.1> extinction 1}
>
>}
>
>help! The white stuff covers the whole image, denser when there is
>something closer. I also included the image without media.

Can't tell much without seeing the whole source (or at least the
lights and camera setup), but one thing is sure. I'd use scattering
type 4 for air. Other than that, keep in mind that if you use a
realistic extinction (i.e. 1) the range in which you can vary the
scattering is very small. I'd suggest you change <0.1,0.1,0.1> to 0.1
because it's easier to change and means the same. I'd also suggest you
used MegaPOV if you could, to take advantage of Nathan's sampling
method 3. Lastly, if you're about to encounter media, make yourself a
pint of coffee and be prepared for a long journey :)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet