POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Mega-POV Post-Processing Request : Re: Mega-POV Post-Processing Request Server Time
2 Sep 2024 12:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mega-POV Post-Processing Request
From: Glen Berry
Date: 24 Apr 2000 17:46:58
Message: <UL4EOTVr=tKyJ+48vcVRZtTks0Yd@4ax.com>
On Mon, 24 Apr 2000 16:26:33 -0500, Chris Huff
<chr### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

>Some interesting stuff here, but I don't see anything that directly
>applies to this problem.

I figured out something that will help. The more common name for this
technique seems to be "Contrast Masking", and it's also called "Silver
Masking." I swear that once upon a time in the past, I had heard the
technique referred to as "unsharp masking," but apparently that isn't
the term most people use. You can find some information by searching
on combinations of the following phrases:

  contrast masking
  silver masking
  ilfochrome printing
  cibachrome printing
  slide printing

(If you search the photo printing sites, be sure to concentrate on
labs that do professional, custom, hand printing. This is a technique
that isn't used for typical consumer-grade photofinishing.)

When I finish searching, I'll post the best links I found, sometime
tonight.

Hope this helps,
Glen Berry