POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Feature idea : rgb_adjust : Re: Feature idea : rgb_adjust Server Time
1 Sep 2024 22:16:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature idea : rgb_adjust
From: Glen Berry
Date: 17 Nov 2000 00:06:21
Message: <TrwUOqkX9j9FkCKOedWuRdD0=Gws@4ax.com>
On Fri, 29 Sep 2000 19:11:06 +0100, "Mick Hazelgrove"
<mic### [at] mhazelgrovefsnetcouk> wrote:

>I think this would be an excellent addition to POV. I often need random or
>slightly changing values for objects and colors and it ain't always easy to
>do.
>
>Mick

One way of thinking of this, is to specify a "tolerance" value in
addition to the actual parameter. Then the actual parameter would be
randomly modified by an amount within the tolerance you have
specified. If no tolerance is specified, then there would be no
modification of the parameter value.

Does anyone like this idea?

Later,
Glen