POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wierd results with circular area light... - Orient_Test_2.jpg (0/1) : Wierd results with circular area light... - Orient_Test_2.jpg (0/1) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 02:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Wierd results with circular area light... - Orient_Test_2.jpg (0/1)
From: Glen Berry
Date: 22 Feb 2000 21:52:46
Message: <TkOzON3IrJVrAf6kctqTBSZMkbFz@4ax.com>
I tried using the circular area light for the first time. I also used
the orient keyword with it. I had hoped to create the equivalent of a
spherical-shaped light source, but I must have done something wrong.

In the image, you will see the ends of 8 orange cylinders arranged in
a circle. An area light was placed in the center of the circle. The
shadows from the cylinders should all be the same, but they aren't.
Some have softer transitions than others. I assume I haven't figured
out the proper way to use the orient keyword yet?

There are also strange, jagged, light and dark gray radial lines near
the edges of the image. (Look any of the corners to see one of the
light gray ones.) What is causing *this*?

I'll post my scene file to povray.text.scene-files in case anyone
wants to inspect it.

thanks,
Glen Berry