POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Newsgroup readers. : Re: Newsgroup readers. Server Time
3 Oct 2024 07:08:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Newsgroup readers.
From: Peter Popov
Date: 6 Feb 2000 18:43:51
Message: <TAWeOONj0e55Ro0VY+xx8=82CNzm@4ax.com>
On Sun, 06 Feb 2000 01:43:39 -0800, Thomas Lake <tla### [at] homecom>
wrote:

>I am thinking of changing newsgroups readers. I currently use Netscape's
>news reader but it has a number of faults which really annoy me. I am
>looking for a news reader which allows you to easily decode
>multi-message posts, files and large pictures usually. It would also be
>good if I could have the same newsgroup server listed twice, Netscape
>does not allow this, this is useful if you want to set aside one of them
>to quickly brows through newsgroups before deciding weather to add them
>to your main newsgroup list. Outlook Express has most of these features
>and whenever I download files it is the one I use, but I would prefer
>not to have to switch between 2 readers. Besides OE is MS.

Whenever a question of this type pops up I stand up and shout "Agent".
It's not free but my experience shows that in terms of features and
RFC compliance it's the best graphical newsreader for the PC, unless
something has drastically changed in the last year or so (like NS and
OE become RFC compliant, heh!).

Just my two cents anyway.

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet