POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Re: Stupid mistakes : Re: Stupid mistakes Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:22:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stupid mistakes
From: David Wilkinson
Date: 14 Oct 1999 17:41:17
Message: <RUkGONFHBTkKFh0BdKXN0RO2gpIS@4ax.com>
On Thu, 14 Oct 1999 17:42:03 +0200, Remco de Korte <rem### [at] xs4allnl> wrote:

>Ron Parker wrote:
>>

>> I really really tried not to offend you with my post.  If I did so anyway,
>> please accept my most profound apologies.  My point was not to point out
>> your mistakes, it was to clarify David's claim that you had made some.  As
>> I said, many native English speakers have the same problems with the same
>> words; I don't consider any of those mistakes to be a mark of stupidity.
>> It's not an easy language to master.  I hope we can now drop any discussion
>> of anyone's facility with a language that has become dominant not because
>> of any technical superiority - indeed, it's got more special cases than just
>> about any other European language, I'd guess -  but only because some of its
>> users (i.e. most Americans) are too stupid to speak any other language. :)

Remco
It's great that all the many people in this ng who do not have english as their mother
tongue are able to communicate so fluently.  The "mistakes" in english that are made
add
charm and humanity to the brief postings.  To me each participant has his/her own
personality, part of which is the particular variety of english they use.
BTW the comments you made on my Forth Bridge image were excellent english as well as
being
most useful. Thanks,
David
dav### [at] cwcomnet