POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Can you tell what it is yet? : Re: Can you tell what it is yet? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:23:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can you tell what it is yet?
From: Mike Williams
Date: 15 Oct 2005 02:53:21
Message: <QNx3MVAoUKUDFw1G@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Anton Sherwood who wrote:

>And I'll bet Dyson qualified the conjecture with some such phrase as "in
>the limit", i.e. he doesn't expect perfectly complete capture, but the
>amount of light captured gets ever more complete over time.

Perhaps he's expecting the inhabitants to have a biological imperative
to reproduce without limit, so that their population tends to rise
exponentially. If the practical limit to the population of a star system
is the amount of energy they can capture from the star, then there'd be
strenuous efforts to capture the energy that leaks through the last few
gaps.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure