POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Regarding Camera Cleanup : Re: Regarding Camera Cleanup Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:29:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Regarding Camera Cleanup
From: John David Haiducek
Date: 3 Jan 2002 10:22:58
Message: <Pine.LNX.4.33.0201031020160.27023-100000@crimson.engin.umich.edu>
A few comments on camera behavior:

I haven't used angle much with the orthographic camera, mainly because it
doesn't make sense to me. (iow, what can "angle" mean when all the rays in
question are parallel?) I did notice, however, that POV will change amount
of scene that is in view when the "angle" is changed. Perhaps there should
be a different keyword (such as "zoom") to work with the orthographic
camera.

As for multiple camera blocks, there are other ways to handle them besides
disallowing them. When I first tried to use two camera blocks, I expected
to render two images, one with the first camera, and then start a second
render with the other camera. Perhaps, alternatively, a second camera
block could simply replace the first camera, wiping out the previous
camera settings.

John Haiducek