POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : non-linear scaling/rotate etc : Re: non-linear scaling/rotate etc Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:16:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: non-linear scaling/rotate etc
From: Alan Corey
Date: 14 Apr 1998 22:48:08
Message: <Pine.D-G.3.91.980414223037.3857A-100000-100000@unix1>
On Sat, 4 Apr 1998, Willow wrote:

> It would be really, really good to be able to scale and rotate etc
> non-linearly - that is, to translate something depending on it's current
> x/y/z position.

This has been mentioned before, in fact I posted once asking why when
I tried to do it didn't work.

Variable (even if only by linear functions) extrusion on text would be nice
too.

I'd also like to see an option for automatically turning off messages
when you interrupt a render instead of having to right-click in the edit
window and click on "Hide messages".  (I know the render didn't finish; I
didn't want it to, get these messages out of my face...)

I am extremely grateful to the POV team for their efforts thus far and I
think this newsgroup *is* the best medium for making suggestions about
improvements.

         Alan Corey