POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : How to close message window? : Re: How to close message window? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:27:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to close message window?
From: Alan Corey
Date: 30 Nov 1997 12:12:50
Message: <Pine.D-G.3.91.971130120109.7008A-100000@unix1>
On 30 Nov 1997, Roland Mas wrote:

> Alan Corey (cor### [at] unix1gccmassedu) wrote:
>
> > I've looked but all I can find is how to clear messages.  Is there a wa
> > to close the message window in PovWin?  I don't usually do a complete

> That depends. If you want to _close_ it, no way.
> If you just want it to stop appearing under your scene script, there
> is an option available by clicking somewhere (but where?) with the
> right button. I cannoy be more precise, since I use POV-Ray very often
> but Windows very rarely.
>
> Friendly yours,
>   B-o-b
> --

> bob### [at] casimirrezelenstfr -- Linux, POV-Ray, LaTeX

Thanks.  I'm not used to things appearing in a right-click menu and not
anywhere else (including Help).

FYI: You right-click on the editor window and select "hide messages".

I tried the DOS version (under Windows 95 but not at a "Command Prompt
Only" boot) and it looked like it was only about 10% faster.  Speed would

be the only reason I'd use it but for 10% I prefer Windows.  Supposedly
the Linux version may be faster which I find hard to believe.  I thought
*everything* ran slower under Linux.  :-)

  Thanks again,

   Alan Corey