POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fresh Donuts!!! (~46kau) : Re: Fresh Donuts!!! (~46kau) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 15:13:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fresh Donuts!!! (~46kau)
From: Peter Popov
Date: 15 Feb 2000 00:38:47
Message: <OuOoOIOMtl+yAIXeL+6SeM7nZtnh@4ax.com>
On Mon, 14 Feb 2000 22:54:52 -0500, "TonyB"
<ben### [at] panamac-comnet> wrote:

>>But I'm going to guess that even if you can download it from somewhere,
>it's
>>no different than downloading stolen software and/or mp3's from somewhere.
>

>I've actually found the MP3 version around on the 'Net several times. I
>checked one of the files out. Weird book. I don't get it. Something about
>God self-destructing, and something about a translating fish... IIRC.

The part about 'God self-destructing' is the best mockery of all
religious arguments that I have ever encountered. It is a great
example of both the falacial logic some people use to disprove the
existence of God to a true believer, and that true believer's
reaction.

(Logic man to God): 'So you see, you don't exist'
(God): 'Oh, I haven't thought about that' (disappears in a puff of
logic)

Adams doesn't mock God, he mocks the argument. And at least you, Tony,
would agree that the argument about the existance of God deserves
mocking. As does the one about evolution/creation, which Adams mocks
as well.

And you're right, it's a pretty weird book :)

Gone to off-topic land.

Peter Popov
pet### [at] tagpovrayorg
ICQ: 15002700