POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Bouncing balls... (MPEG-1, 460k) : Re: Bouncing balls... (MPEG-1, 460k) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 09:28:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bouncing balls... (MPEG-1, 460k)
From: Marc van den Dikkenberg
Date: 28 Feb 2003 01:20:37
Message: <OP9ePogS1wLYihCAPeuj7f=1BgQa@4ax.com>
On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 00:35:05 +0100, "Tim Nikias" <tim### [at] gmxde> wrote:

>Since I haven't posted anything aside of Worldbowls
>lately and since that project is going to rest for some time
>to later begin anew with fresh enthusiuasm, I've returned
>to my unfinished project, the particle-system PartixGen.
>
>Some might argue that this animation is just a copy of
>one I posted months and months earlier, but it uses a
>different approach for rebounce-dampening.

Overall it looks nice, but some of the bounced look very unrealistic -- in
particular, a small yellow ball in the bottom portion of the picture, that
falls about half-way during the anim. It bounces twice, and comes to a dead
stop after the second bounce... There should be much more momentum left in
it.
--
Marc van den Dikkenberg