POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : shot glasses 2 105kb bu : Re: shot glasses 2 105kb bu Server Time
3 Oct 2024 04:54:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: shot glasses 2 105kb bu
From: Peter Popov
Date: 13 Feb 2000 15:30:12
Message: <OBKnOPagUakROxf2RLf8W94GTR=n@4ax.com>
On Sun, 13 Feb 2000 12:32:19 -0600, "Andre" <nania> wrote:

>Here it is...  no photons *yet* ( I just dont want to spend another 16 hours
>rendering an image with photons only to find out that I forgot something)

16 hours seems tooo much... maybe get rid of the reflection of the
bottle, it's a bit overkill anyway. Or fake it with an image map
(yeah, I am a cheater, okay, lynch me).

>I'll use photons in the final version..
>I want to put a label on the bottle, but I don't know if I can used a
>scanned label from an existing brand (I don't want to brake any copyright
>laws)

There have been long discussions on the topic in the IRTC and the
advanced groups. IANAL but if I were you I would play it safe if I
were planning to post or otherwise distribute the image.

>Maybe I'll just design my own logo...
>(Andre's Tequila, guaranteed to mess you up ;)

Good idea. Something in gold, royal red and black :)

>does anyone know how to model a lime???

A cylinder with the proper texture should do (except for the seeds).
Use spherical/onion as a master texture_map , then radial for the
flesh etc. The outermost texture should have a normal, maybe bumps
scallop_wave frequency 0.5 phase 0.25 (untested) or similar.

>Please, have no pitty on your critics (dont kill me, just be honest)
>
>Andre de Avillez

Nice modelling and texturing. The setup somehow spoils it, though. I
am sure a scene woth two shot glasses and a bottle sitting on a
time-beated and dimly lit dark oaken bar has been exploited to death,
but still I would prefer it to the bathroomish setup you have here.

Hope this didn't kill you :)

Peter Popov
pet### [at] tagpovrayorg
ICQ: 15002700