POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 1st Attempt : Subsurface scattering : Re: 1st Attempt : Subsurface scattering Server Time
15 Aug 2024 18:19:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 1st Attempt : Subsurface scattering
From: Glen Berry
Date: 15 May 2002 15:40:13
Message: <N7jiPKjLnx+UDO9QGBJRTeWEYNQ+@4ax.com>
On Wed, 15 May 2002 06:30:47 +0200, Tim Nikias <tim### [at] gmxde>
wrote:

>Thanks, on the right track is all I wanted to know... ;-)

Next time, could you make the image a bit brighter? I really have
trouble seeing this image. I checked the levels of this image, and no
pixels were above approx. 130, out of a possible 255 in brightness.

If I adjusted the levels of the image, I could see the subsurface
scattering in the fingers, but I have no idea about the quality of the
subsurface scattering, such as whether it has the right color
properties. It appears that the subsurface scattering is reducing your
color saturation, but that could easily be a by-porduct of the extreme
levels adjust I had to make, in order to view your image.

thanks,
Glen

Thanks,
Glen

7no### [at] ezwvcom     (Remove the numeral "7")