POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : crash when stopping in the first line : Re: crash when stopping in the first line Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: crash when stopping in the first line
From: Mike Williams
Date: 11 Oct 2001 02:21:10
Message: <Mh3YFIAeCTx7Ewu2@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Francois Labreque who wrote:
>Some further tests done by Tony[B] and yours truly have revealed that it
>  happens on Windows 2000 when outputing to .PNG, but not when using .BMP
>
>And does not happen at all when using Windows 98.

This is the same thing that was initially reported in beta 4
   http://news.povray.org/3bb4605d$1@news.povray.org

With my W98se and beta 6 it still happens under the same conditions,
namely

 When the output format is PNG
 And the render is stopped during radiosity pre-trace or while rendering
 lines 0 to 2.

The size and speed of the image doesn't matter. If stopped before line 3
it always crashes. If stopped on or after line 3 it doesn't.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure