POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Head test w/Wings3d : Re: Head test w/Wings3d Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:18:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Head test w/Wings3d
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 9 Oct 2006 01:02:09
Message: <MPG.1f93859b63643852989fae@news.povray.org>
In article <2ucii291j88l9934ha4k49i0rbvglg81qb@4ax.com>, Stephen
<mcavoysATaolDOTcom@> says...
> On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 16:22:47 +0200, "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internl.
net>
> wrote:
>

> >"Stephen" <mcavoysATaolDOTcom@> schreef in bericht
> >>
> >> Don't tell me you can't differentiate between a Han Chinese and a
> >> Kelt.
> >>

> >If I remember well, genetically you can't, strictly speaking. There was

> >something about outside physical characters being switched on or off? bu
> >within the same genetic content...
> >Oh dear! I shall have to find that paper somewhere. I thought it was in

> >Science or Nature some years ago....
> >

> I don't really want to get bogged down using facts :-)
> If I understand you, you are saying that using scientific methods you can
not
> tell what ethnic group someone belongs to. Well blow me down! What a stra
nge
> world.

Well, at least "not yet". There might be some common markers, but that
only tells you something if "only" that group has them, which in this
day and age isn't so certain. Hmm. Think of it like this, you have
10,000,000 lines of code and a 500 character file that is loaded with
binary 1s and 0s, which tell all that code when to turn some things on
or off, but if A is on for X time, then B needs to be told to only be
one Y time, or you get C, which is effected by the same timing as D and
E, which, depending on their timing throw off the function, and length
of time, that F and G happen, etc.

We only know what "some" of the genes specific to such timing actually
are, its fuzzy on what some do during developmental stages we can't take
apart or watch as easilly, like fetal development, and even the
difference between a human and a chimp amounts to a few promoter genes
than determine when development shuts on and off (this is "literally"
the only difference in our brains, which are otherwise genetically
identical), and the fact that at some point a single sequence of genes
where miscopied, to produce two chromosomes, instead of the original
one. If the later where not true, it would get a great deal harder to
identify if you where dealing with an escapee from a zoo or a human,
based solely on a few drops of blood. Though, there are other more
obvious genetic differences too. However, according to one article I
read, if you sequenced every human on the planet, then divided them up
based on amount of difference in their genes, the difference between the
two most extreme ends would be "greater" than the difference between a
human and a chimp. Not sure if that true or not, but it might be.

Its a very complicated mess of interconnected effects, of which we are
barely scratching the surface. Its like studying erosion, and being
"sure" that all the answers in geology are now available, only to be
suddenly confronted with plate tectonics. Though, the analogy is only
true for the clowns that now want to deny most biology entirely, because
actually trying to figure out anything in evo-devo is impossible when
you still don't comprehend something as basic as cell division. lol

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()
  else