POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : --- : Re: Preview of upcoming attractions (~320kb) Server Time
18 Jul 2024 16:27:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Preview of upcoming attractions (~320kb)
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 29 May 2004 06:38:03
Message: <MPG.1b22787a54b0d6c4989686@news.povray.org>
In article <40b7ffba@news.povray.org>, ith### [at] itstoolatecom says...
> Whoops - I really don't post often.  Now that I put my email address right
> on top of the message, is my account likely to get spammed?  Is there any
> way to change that?  It doesn't get spammed at all, YET.  How rampant are
> those email address-stealing bots?

You're very unlikely to get spammed from here.  I don't think I've ever
got spam from my email address being posted on this news server.

The main thing to remember is that this isn't USENET, it's a private
news server not connected in any way to the seething jungle that is
USENET.

You could always cancel your post and repost with new ID settings if
you're really paranoid about spam :)

Jamie.