POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : just an annoying neewbie question : Re: just an annoying neewbie question Server Time
3 Jul 2024 00:58:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: just an annoying neewbie question
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 18 Dec 2002 15:28:50
Message: <MPG.186a8608fbb655bf9896e8@news.povray.org>
In article <web.3dff9d7722384ac442b38d5c0@news.povray.org>,
ahe### [at] ahed4com says...
> hi there
>
> just begun tracing wit POV and as it is EXTREMELY unfamiliar not having a
> GUI i started to learn scripting, but it slows down badly. so id like to
> ask if there are any GUI extensions out there that a re good (except for
> mooray since i guess you gotta pay for it) ?
> bye

There is also Breeze Designer at http://www.imagos.fl.net.au/

However, the last post for news on it was 8-29-1999. However, it provides
most everything that Moray does and what I felt was a less complicated
interface, but Moray does have paying customers behind it pushing the
design. Breeze as near as I can tell went the, "its free, but only I get
to write any code for it", approach, which rarely works in the long run
if competition exists.

I always found it a bit annoying that no one ever started a free GUI
modeller project with the same open development as POVRay itself, but
since half the people don't use them and many others are satisfied with
Moray's quirks (like using the 'technically' wrong axis alignments and
only allowing one rotation/translation order..), no group effort seems to
have been attempted.