POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Photons and Media Creation / Reaction : Re: Photons and Media Creation / Reaction Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:13:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photons and Media Creation / Reaction
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 14 Nov 2002 16:30:03
Message: <MPG.183e2681d3d6c9aa989c19@news.povray.org>
> When I look on the Media tab on the Scene Setting configuration screen, it
> says that Named Media Must be created in the texture editor and given a
> name. They will then appear here. There is empty list box next to this
> statement. My problem is I'm not sure how to create this Name Media texture
> in the editor so it will appear in this list box. I've created standard
> textures using the media statement but it never appears in this box nor does
> it seem to work. Any ideas on this?

The Media tab in the Scene settings box is only for scene level media
(the media equivalent of fog).

To use media inside a container object, you create the material with an
interior, add a media type, and make sure you've got the hollow box
checked for the container object and any other objects in may be inside.

If you want, I can email you a small sample .mdl for you to look at, but
you may have to wait until Sunday, as I'm visiting friends over the
weekend.

Jamie.