POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Watch WIP (~73 KB) : Re: Watch WIP (~73 KB) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 06:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Watch WIP (~73 KB)
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 23 Aug 2002 17:43:15
Message: <MPG.17d0bcc16393034a989bc2@news.povray.org>
> Nice modelling job.  My only real criticism (other than the superellipsoid
> artifact) is the bend in the links furthest away appears too sharp.  In my
> experience, these types of bands don't usually kink much past 90 degrees,
> but I have been known to be wrong once or twice.

The strap on the Rolex I inherited from my dad will flex at least 10-15
degrees past 90.  In fact, having just had a quick play, it'll flex to 30
degrees past 90.

> I started modelling my Swiss Army watch about 4 years ago, only did the face
> though.  Perhaps I should look for it...

Did you look at your wrist, or down the back of the sofa?  <grin>

I'm seriously impressed by the modelling which has gone into JRG's imag
though.

Jamie.