POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: FEMS : Re: FEMS Server Time
19 Jul 2024 17:24:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FEMS
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 3 Jun 2002 09:13:13
Message: <MPG.17657c22582db97a989b56@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 2 Jun 2002 21:32:40 +0100, Mike Williams wrote...
> Since the particle systems that people are writing are gradually becoming
> more like finite element materials simulation systems, I though I'd post
> this animation that was created with a real finite element system. I used
> FEMS 2.3 which was written by Michael Attenborough in 1993, and POV 3.5.

Michael Attenborough?  There's a name I mever thought I'd see on these
groups : A friend of a friend (I didn't know him too well, if at all
though), and an absurdly talented programmer to boot.

I take it you ran the sim on an Arc of some description, as i don't
remember him rewriting FEMS for the PC.

Jamie.