POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: ball simulation 2 (2x500k) : Re: ball simulation 2 (2x500k) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ball simulation 2 (2x500k)
From: Lutz-Peter Hooge
Date: 15 May 2002 18:42:34
Message: <MPG.174d02e9137990979896fe@news.povray.org>
In article <3CE2C221.AD4ABAFA@gmx.de>, chr### [at] gmxde says...

> You have to take into account that due to buoyancy the influence of
> gravity is more than compensated under water.

Thats why they don't sink permanently... but nevertheless they should
slow down much faster, since the (parmanent) friction of a moving ball
under water should be much higher then the one of an elastic ball
bouncing on the ground - unless it is not water but some exotic liquid
with extremely low friction (like liquid helium).

I looked at the animation again, and it seems the balls are suddently
accelerating when they go through the water surface from inside the water
to the outside. A bug perhaps?

Lutz-Peter