POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Newbie - First post : Re: Newbie - First post Server Time
15 Aug 2024 20:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Newbie - First post
From: Brian Elliott
Date: 4 May 2002 03:22:39
Message: <MPG.173e293d5a02271a989682@news.povray.org>
In article <3CD33CB8.FB449EE9@duratechindustries.net>,
flu### [at] duratechindustriesnet says...
> You think so?  I really dig glass spheres... there's just something
> beautiful about them...  But as they say, variety is the spice of
> life...
>
> -Law
>
> "Rick [Kitty5]" wrote:
>
> > you wanted REFLECTING spheres not REFRACTING ones.
> >
> > :P
> >
> > --
> > Rick

I think Rick was just having a humorous dig.  Note one tongue-poke
emoticon!

over a chequerboard plane.  You got the chequerboard, but...

You used transparent/refracting spheres and focal blur.  These are much
more advanced concepts, so you failed the "newbie test".  What's more,
you even used an advanced object such as an architectural staircase,
combined with natural object placement, ie. the resting spheres.  ... and
that curly thing?!?

Producing such good work as this just will not do if you want to be
called a "newbie".  Go back and start again!  :-p  :-)

Cheers,
    Brian.